Fine exquisite jewelry is a precious possession that is designed and created to last a lifetime. Carrying with it various emotions, jewelry needs proper care so as to maintain its lasting qualities and make it memorable.
Preserve Jewelry – Key Tips For You!
Here are some simple guidelines and tips for the care and cleaning of your fine jewelry.
General Tips for all Kinds of Jewelry
- A clean and dry place is best for storing it.
- It’s good to keep your jewelry in a fabric-lined jewelry case, or in a box with compartments and dividers for easy differentiation. Wrap each piece individually in soft tissue paper in case you prefer to use ordinary boxes.
- Don’t jumble your jewelry pieces in a drawer or jewelry case. Pieces can scratch each other and cause damage.
- While washing hands to remove jewelry, you need to be careful. Do not leave your jewelry on the rim of a sink where it can easily go down the drain.
- Visit your jeweler at least once a year to get your jewelry checked for loose prongs, worn mountings, and general wear and tear. You can also visit your jeweler every six months professional jewelry cleaning.
- Ultrasonic cleaners clean jewelry in a matter of minutes using high-frequency sound. They can be a convenient way to quickly clean your jewelry at home but you need to be wary of the damage that they may cause.
- However, ultrasonic cleaners can damage some jewelry. Your local jeweler can tell you if an ultrasonic cleaning machine is right for your jewelry wardrobe and, if it is, recommend an appropriate model.
- Avoid wearing diamond jewelry, especially rings, while doing rough work. Though considered as one of the hardest materials in nature, diamond can get chipped by sharp and sudden blows.
- Keep your diamond jewelry away from chlorine. Chlorine damages and discolors diamond jewelry. Remove your diamond jewelry before entering a chlorinated pool or hot tub.
- Diamond jewelry should be regularly cleaned using a commercial jewelry cleaner, like a mix of ammonia and water, or a mild detergent. Simply dip the jewelry into the solution and use a soft brush to brush away the dust or dirt.
Read More >> World Class Melbourne and Brisbane Spas
- Removing all gold jewelry before the shower is better because soap forms a film on karat gold jewelry, making it appear dull and dingy. Preventing the formation of this film can reduce the cleaning and maintenance exercise.
- You can clean your jewelry with commercial cleaners recommended by your jeweler.
- An ultrasonic cleaning machine can be appropriate for certain gold jewelry, which does not contain colored gemstones.
- Keep your gold jewelry away from chlorine. Chlorine damages and discolors gold. Remove your gold jewelry before entering a chlorinated pool or hot tub.
- You can remove tarnish with jewelry cleaner, or by using soap and water mixed with a few drops of ammonia. Carefully brush with a soft bristle brush. An old toothbrush can also be used. After the brushing, simply rinse with lukewarm water and allow drying.
- Colored gemstones need special cleaning procedures which your jeweler can recommend you.
Follow this few easy steps to maintain your jewelry items, then it will be easy to make your gorgeous fashion with your jewelry.